You will experience friendly service in an inviting atmosphere when dining at Chimborazo. Although it is not large in size, this restaurant provides unique menu options. Focused on dishes from Ecuador and the Andean highlands, there is no other restaurant of its kind in the Minneapolis area.
Owned and operated by Chef Marcos Pinguil, this eatery is sure to please all your senses. Marcos moved to the Minneapolis area from Cañar sierra. When he was a young boy, he was taught how to cook a variety of Ecuadorian dishes.
Dinner, Lunch and Brunch
On the menu you will find a variety of appetizers, soups, salads, sandwiches, main dishes and side items. Lunch and dinner options include sanduche de pernil, caldo de bolas de verde, ensalada fresca, llapingachos, yuca frita and seco de pollo.
Brunch is offered from 8am to 2pm. Menu offerings include chimborazo, tungurahua, cotopaxi, llapingachos, mote pillo, and tortilla de puerco.
All prices are per tray, and do not include sales tax. One tray will feed about 35 people.
- Hornado – Roasted Pork $160
- Seco De Pollo – Chicken marinated with peppers, onions, garlic and passionfruit $120.
- Seco De Res – Beef marinated with peppers, onions, garlic and dark beer $130.
- Chupe De Pescado – Tilapia marinated with peppers, onions and tomatoes $150.
- Chaulafan – Ecuadorian fried rice with pork, chicken and egg $95.
- White Rice - $30
- Hominy - $40
- Ensalada Fresca – green salad combined with tomatoes, peppers, avocado, fresh cheese, and lime vinaigrette $25.
Location and Hours
Chimborazo is Located at 2851 Central Avenue North East. Hours of operation are Monday through Thursday from 11am to 3pm and 5pm to 10pm, Friday from 11am to 11pm, Saturday from 8am to 11pm, and Sunday from 8:00 am to 9pm. Brunch, Lunch and Dinner are all offered. You will also want to check out their daily specials and catering service.