Walker Art Center is an art channel, which includes all forms of arts. The Center places an emphasis on modern day visual, performing and media arts. Diversity is executed in the variety of events and programs that bring culture to both individuals and communities.
Hours of operation
- Closed Major Holidays - New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
- Galleries and Box Office – open every day from 11 am to 5 pm. Closed on Mondays and open from 11 am to 9 pm on Thursday.
- Walker Shop - open every day from 11 am to 6 pm. From 11 am to 9 pm on Thursday through Saturday.
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden - open every day from 6 am to 12 midnight.
- Cowles Conservatory – open every day from 10 am to 5 pm, closed on Monday.
- Flatpak House – Summer hours are offered Saturday 12 pm to 4 pm, and Sunday from 12 pm to 4 pm.
The Walker Art Center holds many events throughout the year. Here are some of the upcoming events you can enjoy this year
75 gifts for 75 years
Runs from Febuary 5th to August 2nd. Visual art exhibit located in the Target and Friedman Galleries. Walks you through the history of art during which this collection has been built. This is Walker’s 75th anniversary of this collection.
Runs from April 11th to September 6th. Visual art exhibit located in Galleries 1, 2, 3 and Perlman Gallery. Collection of art from 1950s through the early 1970s.
Hippie Modernism: The Struggle for Utopia
Runs from October 24th to February 28th, 2016 Visual art exhibit located in galleries 1, 2, 3, and the Perlman Gallery Concentrates on art, architecture, a design of the counterculture of the 1960s to early 1970s.
Jack Whitten: Five Decades of Painting
Runs from September 12th to January 24th, 2016. Visual art exhibit located in Target and Friedman Galleries.
If you want to enjoy plenty of amazing art and events, the Walker Art Center is a great place to visit.