Andersen United Community School
Andersen is both an elementary and a middle school, serving children in grades Pre-K through 8. Total enrollment for the school is 1,111 students. Class sizes are reduced for kindergarten through the fifth grade.
The students at Andersen adhere to a dress code:
- Pre-K through 4th grade: navy tops and khaki bottoms.
- Fifth through 8th grade: black tops and khaki bottoms.
The school offers the following special programs:
- Spanish Bilingual Language Development Program
- ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education)
- English as a Second Language Instruction
- Gifted/Talented Program
- Special Education
- Somali Culture and Language Support
In addition to the core curriculum, Andersen offers a technology lab, environmental learning camp participation for fifth graders, anti-bullying programs and more. There are computers in all classrooms and Promethean boards in most.
Parents at Andersen enjoy the monthly family fun nights with a family dinner, student activities and parent workshops.
The middle school offers the following athletics:
- Girls’ volleyball
- Boys’ baseball
- Girls’ softball
- Boys’ and Girls’ basketball
There is also an after-school debate team.
Andersen United Community School is located at 1098 Andersen Lane in Minneapolis. You can reach them by phone at 612.668.4200.